Wednesday, April 17, 2024

I Have Chosen Not To Celebrate This Day And Instead Dedicate It To My Dear Son, Junior Pope - Veteran Nollywood Actress Rita Edochie


Veteran Nollywood actress Rita Edochie has decided not to celebrate her birthday, instead choosing to dedicate the day to her late colleague Junior Pope with a heartfelt promise.

According to RealNews, the renowned actress, took to  her Instagram page @ritaedochie, said  that she  had called off her intended birthday plans in honour of Junior Pope.

Rita Udochie wrote, "I have chosen not to celebrate this day and instead dedicate it to my dear son, Junior Pope, whose untimely passing has left me in disbelief". 
"Today, on the 16th of April 2024, it is my birthday, but I have decided not to commemorate it as originally planned."

"Every year, my son never fails to acknowledge my birthday. He would post my pictures, write heartfelt messages, and call me. I was actually expecting a phone call, a message, or a post from him on his page with my pictures, acknowledging my birthday today, the 16th of April. If by the end of today, I do not receive any response from him, it will painfully dawn on me that my beloved Obumneme is no longer here with us."

"No death in the Nollywood industry has affected me as deeply as this one. Obumneme was far too young for this tragedy. With a heavy heart filled with grief, I dedicate this birthday of mine to you, Junior Pope, my amazing son, my champion."

"I pray and hope that God, on this special day that I have dedicated to your beautiful memory, will rectify any wrongs that may occur due to your absence. And for your lovely wife, Qutejay, who is the envy of all women, may God use this dedicated day of mine to grant her strength and fortitude, ensuring that she raises your wonderful boys with love and comfort."
"May she never experience the hardships that often befall young women who lose their husbands at such difficult times. I hope she heals from this wound soon, and may affliction never visit her again. I love you dearly, Johnpaul Obumneme Odonwodo, also known as Junior Pope."

"Your memories will forever remain etched in my heart. Amen. May your soul rest in peace, although it is still unclear to me. Thank you, Jesus, for another year and the gift of life. I trust in your divine wisdom and will not question your plans."

Junior Pope died  with  three of his colleagues while returning from a movie location in a boat mishap In Anamabra State. On Wednesday.

Credited to Instagram page @ritaedochie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ex Manchester United Star Receives Praises From Ex-wife For His Continued Support And Care For Her And Their Children, Despite The Challenges Of Their Ended Marriage

Sonia, the former spouse of well-known Nigerian footballer Jude Ighalo, has taken to Instagram to commend him publicly.  She hig...